Monday, November 24, 2008

Triumph and Failure


Today as i was going for the gym, it was a beautiful morning , sun was shining, cool breeze was following.Drops of water were shining on grass blades as if they were pieces of crystal. A thought suddenly struck my mind. I was worrying about bad stomach and that i am not going at right speed for the Mr. India contest. I was really worried what to do. Then suddenly I remembered the lines of Quest

" If you can treat triumph and disaster just the same and still go on trying . Then everything in this world is yours and what's more you will be a man my son".

I thought about it , its meaning is if you are not affected by failure and victory. If you can try in spite of several failures that is true victory.
But I wondered how's that possible,
Then a little story came into my mind.
It was about a boy who wanted to wisest man. It went to a Guru in Himalayas who was a god like person who knew everything. He asked him how can i become wise.
Boy said " I will work for ten hours a day to be wise than how many years it will take".
Wise man said " five years".
Than boy said " I would work for fifteen hours "
Wise man said " Ten years".
Than boy said " I would work for twenty hours "
Wise man said " twenty years".
Than boy said " I would work for twenty hours i will not sleep , i
won't do anything else "
Wise man said " thirty years".
amazed by the reply boy said i increasing the hours and you
are increasing the years why.
Wise man said " Because as long as you keep one eye on the result
, it would take you more time. As long as you are attached with the result. You will find it difficult to achieve. Let go the attachment. And then will attain everything".
So I thought how it can help me in present situation.
I thought may be i ma just forcing my body to look as my mind wants. And i wanted immediate results. And whenever you force anything than it will have equal and opposite reaction. So i should
relax and let go how things how they should be and enjoy the things a s they are. I am not saying that i will let go my desire of making a great body. But i will let go my attachment to the result.
And it immediately brought me peace.
Have a great day.
Bye bye.

No comments: