Wednesday, May 20, 2009

ASK AND YOU WILL RECEIVE

A very interesting incident took place a couple of weeks ago, I was traveling from office to back home. It was quite late around 11 o'clock. SO i just thought that, i should just sit down for a couple of minutes on walkers street. I was just thinking about others things, i saw a man coming towards me. He was wearing ragged clothes, he has not shaved for months and he was walking as though he was drunk. He came towards me and i thought, Horseshit, this man will beg for some money. And most of the time what you focus on tends to happen. He said,Sir "can you give one rupee just one rupee, i only need one rupee". I thought this man who is in 50's is begging me for money and i am in my twenties earning a nice amount. It made me curious about how this man is behaving. Sometime back i heard a tony Robbins tape where he said, if you don't keep enough money in pocket, then you have a bad psychology. So i always make a point that keep five rupees or ten rupee notes in between hundred rupee bill.
So what i did was i opened wallet, i made it a point that he sees my wallet and the money inside it. Then i took the one rupee coin. But before giving him i said, " Sir, Life will give what you ask, so ask carefully." Then i gave him the money.
A very interesting thing happened, he looked at money then at my wallet then at my face, again looked at money then on wallet and then on my face, coin --- wallet -- my face. And then he said, "You are weird".
So what i want to say is, Life gives us back what we ask for. We always say" I want money". Then life says, take the dollar you son of a bitch and go away. Be very precise how much money do you want. Be very precise what kind of person you want to be. Don't be like , you know i want to do something great with my life but i don't know what to do.
Get very clear about what you want to have. And then decide what you will give in return because their are no free lunch.
This is first step towards success.
This is article is due the courtesy of Tony Robbins.

No comments: